17(40.1) The 210-day period referred to in subsection (40) may be extended in accordance with the following rules:
1. In the case of an amendment requested under section 22, the person or public body that made the request may extend the period for up to 90 days by written notice to the approval authority.
2. In all other cases, the municipality may extend the period for up to 90 days by written notice to the approval authority.
3. The approval authority may extend the period for up to 90 days by written notice to the person or public body or to the municipality, as the case may be.
4. The notice must be given before the expiry of the 210-day period.
5. Only one extension is permitted. If both sides give a notice extending the period, the notice that is given first governs.
6. The person, public body, municipality or approval authority that gave or received a notice extending the period may terminate the extension at any time by another written notice.
7. No notice of an extension or of the termination of an extension need be given to any other person or entity. 2015, c. 26, s. 18 (15); 2017, c. 23, Sched. 3, s. 6 (16).