Our professional land use planners assist our lawyers in regard to the approvals process. In particular, our land use planners:
- Carry out research related to land use matters, including official plans and zoning by-laws;
- Assist in the preparation of applications for approvals;
- Liaise with staff of approval authorities and the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (formerly the Ontario Municipal Board);
- Ensure timely processing of applications; and
- Assist with preparation for hearings before approval authorities, including the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal.
Our land use planners, who support the advocacy function of Wood Bull, do not provide opinion evidence, but work in a supportive role with the various experts, including planning experts, retained by our clients in the processing of applications and do not duplicate the work of the experts retained by our clients.