O. REG 385/21 GENERAL
18. (1) Except as provided otherwise, references in this section to a provision of the Act are references to the provision as it read on June 30, 2021.
(2) A matter or proceeding that is mentioned in subsection (3) and commenced before July 1, 2021 shall be continued and disposed of under the Act as it read on June 30, 2021.
(3) For the purposes of subsection (2), a matter or proceeding shall be deemed to have been commenced, …
(j) in the case of the adoption of a heritage conservation district plan under subsection 41.1 (2) of the Act, on the day the by-law is passed under that subsection; and;…
4) The following rules apply if a notice of intention to designate a property under subsection 29 (1) of the Act was published in accordance with clause 29 (3) (b) of the Act before July 1, 2021 and the council of the municipality has not, before that day, passed a by-law designating the property or withdrawn the notice of intention to designate before that day:
1. The notice of intention to designate the property is deemed to be withdrawn on the later of the following dates, unless the council of a municipality has passed a by-law in accordance with section 29 of the Act designating the property before that date:
i. July 1, 2022.
ii. If, before July 1, 2022, the council of the municipality and the owner of the property mutually agree to a period that ends after July 1, 2022, the last day of the agreed upon period.
2. During the period before the notice of intention to designate is deemed to be withdrawn under paragraph 1, the notice of intention shall be continued and disposed of under the Act as it read on June 30, 2021.
(5) For the purposes of paragraph 1 of subsection (4), if a person objects to a proposed designation under subsection 29 (5) of the Act, either before, on or after July 1, 2021, the date that applies for the purpose of that paragraph is extended by the total number of days that are after June 30, 2021 and before the earliest of the following:
1. The day the Review Board makes a report to council under subsection 29 (12) of the Act.
2. If the person who served the notice of objection withdraws the objection, the day on which the person serves notice of withdrawal in accordance with subsection 29 (15) of the Act.
(6) If a notice of intention to designate is deemed to be withdrawn under paragraph 1 of subsection (4), the municipality shall cause a notice of withdrawal,
(a) to be served on the owner of the property and on the Trust; and
(b) to be published in a newspaper having general circulation in the municipality…
(8) For the purposes of paragraph 1 of subsection (5), on and after the day section 2 of Schedule 6 to the Accelerating Access to Justice Act, 2021 comes into force, the reference to “Review Board” in subsection 29 (12) of the Act, as it read on June 30, 2021, shall be read as a reference to “Tribunal”.