Our expertise spans the entire spectrum of municipal, provincial and federal land use and environmental approvals process. We are able to address client needs at any stage of an approval process, from the initial concept through to final approval.
Our specialized expertise includes not only a thorough understanding of the relevant law and policy frameworks but also the various technical considerations that can be critical to the success of various approvals processes such as land use planning, municipal servicing, municipal finance, market economics, transportation, and environmental sciences (including noise, dust, and odour issues).
We provide a full range of legal services, strategic advice, and, where appropriate, approvals management services, on a cost effective basis. Some of the legal services we provide are:
- Interpretation of statutes, regulations and policies related to land use planning and land development,
- Drafting of official plan amendments, zoning by-law amendments,
- Negotiating and drafting development agreements, front ending agreements, cost sharing agreements, and section 37 agreements,
- Preparation of applications for development approvals,
- Advising private land owners and municipalities regarding development charge matters,
- Expropriation related services,
- Representations before municipal councils and their committees, committees of adjustment, conservation authorities, the Assessment Review Board, the Board of Negotiation, the Conservation Review Board, the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (formerly the Ontario Municipal Board), the Environmental Review Tribunal, the Consolidated Hearings Board, special purpose task forces and panels and the courts, and
- Legal opinions.
As a specialty law firm, Wood Bull partners with other law firms where their clients require our expertise and services to complement theirs or where our clients require the input of a related specialty from another law firm. This approach ensures the highest quality services to clients.